Rock and Pop
7 Upcoming Events
- 12/02/2022Saturday 05:00 pmBrisbane, QLDThe TivoliCogCancelled
- 12/03/2022Saturday 01:00 pmBella Vista , NSWBella Vista FarmMonolith Festival
- 19/03/2022Saturday 01:00 pmEatons Hill, QLDEatons Hill Hotel and Function CentreMonolith Festival at Eatons Hill Outdoors
- 02/04/2022Saturday 01:00 pmBurnley, VICReunion ParkMonolith Festival
- 09/04/2022Saturday 02:00 pmRed Hill , WARed Hill AuditoriumMonolith FestivalOn partner site
- 12/02/2022Saturday 05:00 pmWoolloongabba, QLDThe Princess TheatreCOG - Rescheduled to The Tivoli on 12 February 2022Cancelled
- 12/02/2022Saturday 05:00 pmWoolloongabba, QLDThe Princess TheatreCOG - Rescheduled to The Tivoli on 12 February 2022iCancelled
After a five year hiatus that threatened to extend a lifetime, COG are back.
Rather than rest on their laurels, Cog are immersing themselves in their craft with renewed vigour, already having a plethora of new ideas and structures from which to draw new material.
In 2019, the band followed up their releases 'The Middle' and 'Altered States' with their third single 'Drawn Together', which continued to redefine their practice within the modern music landscape.
A testament to their creative camaraderie, Flynn Gower (vocals, guitar) and Lucius Borich (drums), have been playing together since 1998, the two engaging Luke Gower, the brother of Flynn, to play bass. Now a trio with an entrenched bond, Cog established themselves as a popular gig attraction in Sydney and the surrounding state of New South Wales, and following the release of a 2000 demo recording, Pseudo, they were soon signed by the independent label Little Samurai, resulting in a few EP releases: Just Visiting, Pt. 1 (2002), Just Visiting, Pt. 2 (2002), and Open Up (2003).
Cog's full-length debut album, The New Normal (2005), is the result of working with Sylvia Massy, who had produced Tool's Undertow (1993) and is now hailed as a classic. Having debuted in the Top 20 of the albums chart, hitting number one on the Australian Independent Recordings (AIR) chart and was voted number 50 in the Australian Albums of All Time; moreover, the album spawned the popular radio single Run, which reached the Top Five of the AIR singles chart.
Cog continue to be active on the touring circuit, seemingly determined to make up for lost time and repay their loyal fanbase for their unwavering support. The future is now, and that future is Cog.
Live image credit: Somefx