33 Upcoming Events
- Nov 21Nov21Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMHot Dub Time Machine - Black Tie
- Dec 19Dec19Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMWe Can Be Heroes - Bowie Orchestrated
- Mar 20 2021Mar202021Find ticketsSat 2:30 PMSleeping Beauty - Moscow Ballet La Classique
- Mar 20 2021Mar202021Find ticketsSat 7:30 PMSleeping Beauty - Moscow Ballet La Classique
- Mar 28 2021Mar282021Find ticketsSun 1:00 PMSing-A-Long-A Sound of Music
- Mar 28 2021Mar282021Find ticketsSun 7:00 PMSing-A-Long-A Sound of Music
- Apr 10 2021Apr102021Find ticketsSat 7:30 PMCelebrating Nina Simone - ft Her Award-Winning Daughter Lisa Simone
- Apr 16 2021Apr162021Find ticketsFri 8:00 PMMarty Rhone Presents - Sir Cliff & I
- Apr 17 2021Apr172021Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMFastlove: A Tribute to George Michael
- Apr 19 2021Apr192021Find ticketsMon 7:30 PMSydney Comedy Festival GalaLimited Availability
- Apr 23 2021Apr232021Find ticketsFri 7:30 PMRolling Thunder Vietnam
- Apr 24 2021Apr242021Find ticketsSat 7:30 PMRolling Thunder Vietnam
Loaded 20 out of 33 events
Situated in the centre of Sydney, opposite Myer, in Market Street near the Pitt Street Mall. The nearest cross street is George Street.
The closest Secure Parking Car Park is the Hilton Sydney Car Park, 259 Pitt Street Sydney For further information including directions, maps and rates please go to https://www.secureparking.com.au/en-au. 24 hour car parking also available at Wilson Parking, corner Sussex, Kent and Market Streets, Sydney. For further information including directions, maps and rates please go to http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/wilson-car-parks/nsw/citipark. This information is correct at time of listing and the State Theatre and Ticketmaster take no responsibility for any changes or decisions made by parking operators.
TRAINS The closest station is Town Hall or St. James. BUSES Buses stop frequently along Market, Elizabeth & Castlereagh Streets. QVB Buses are also frequent. LIGHT RAIL Closest light rail stop is QVB
Box Office Hours
Monday to Friday : 9:00am - 5:00pm Saturday : No trading except when a production is in residence. Sundays/Public Holidays : Closed On performance days the box office will remain open until 15 minutes after the start of the main act.
Box Office Payment
Patrons may purchase tickets with cash or credit card (MCD, VIS, DIN, AMX). Cheques are not accepted. All bars accept cash and card for payment.
Wheelchair and disabled seating through the State Theatre box office. Call 02 9267 3234 for bookings. Please note that all other bookings must be made directly through Ticketmaster: 13 6100, or www.ticketmaster.com.au, or at any Ticketmaster outlet in person only. Due to heritage restrictions the State Theatre currently has no disabled toilet within the theatre. The QT hotel, located next door, has a disabled toilet which is available for patron use. Please speak to a State Theatre usher for assistance. Access to the State Theatre is on Market Street with the accessible seating being located on the Mezzanine level. There is an audio loop located in the centre sections of the Mezzanine, in Row G. Some of these seats can be purchased online. If you need assistance buying tickets in this area, please contact Ticketmaster: 13 6100.
Due to heritage restrictions, no standing or dancing is permitted in the Mezzanine or the Dress Circle.
All persons entering the auditorium must hold a valid ticket. Exceptions may be relevant for a designated children's performance.
A free cloakroom service is located on the ground floor. This service is available from approximately one hour prior to and ten minutes post-performance. Late comers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. The State Theatre does not have ATM, although several ATM machines are located in very close proximity. All bars accept cash and card for payment.