Rock and Pop
14 Upcoming Events
- Jul 03Jul03Find ticketsSat 12:00 PMWillowbank Raceway - Willowbank, QLDTrip The Switch
- Oct 01Oct01Find ticketsUntil Oct 04Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm - Tyagarah, NSWBluesfest 2021On partner site
- Oct 23Oct23Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMPerth Concert Hall - Perth, WAThe Angels - Symphony of Angels
- Oct 29Oct29Find ticketsFri 8:00 PMWrest Point - Sandy Bay, TASThe Angels - Symphony of Angels
- Nov 13Nov13Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMPalais Theatre - St Kilda, VICThe Angels - Symphony of Angels
- Nov 20Nov20Find ticketsSat 7:00 PMEatons Hill Hotel and Function Centre - Eatons Hill, QLDFist Full Of Rock
- Dec 04Dec04Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMState Theatre, Sydney - Sydney, NSWThe Angels - Symphony of Angels
- Feb 18 2022Feb182022Fri 7:30 PMThe Palms at Crown Melbourne - Southbank , VICThe Angels: Greatest Hits - Live in Concert - Greatest Show On EarthFind ticketsThe Palms at Crown Melbourne - Southbank , VICThe Angels: Greatest Hits - Live in Concert - Greatest Show On EarthFeb 18 20227:30 PMFind tickets
- Feb 19 2022Feb192022Sat 7:30 PMThe Palms at Crown Melbourne - Southbank , VICThe Angels: Greatest Hits - Live in Concert - Greatest Show On EarthFind ticketsThe Palms at Crown Melbourne - Southbank , VICThe Angels: Greatest Hits - Live in Concert - Greatest Show On EarthFeb 19 20227:30 PMFind tickets
- Mar 05 2022Mar052022Find ticketsSat 1:30 PMKiama Showground - Kiama, NSWRed Hot Summer Tour
- Mar 12 2022Mar122022Find ticketsSat 1:00 PMSeppeltsfield Barossa - Seppeltsfield, SARed Hot Summer Tour
- Mar 19 2022Mar192022Find ticketsSat 12:30 PMNorth Gardens - Ballarat, VICRed Hot Summer Tour
- Jun 24 2022Jun242022Find ticketsFri 6:00 PMThe Ravenswood - Ravenswood, WAThe Angels: The Darkroom Tour 2022
- Jun 25 2022Jun252022Find ticketsSat 8:00 PMCharles Hotel - North Perth, WAThe Angels: The Darkroom Tour 2022
There is nothing more glorious than the joy of music being passed from one generation to the next. The Angels walk on stage to Hooper Brewster-Jones’ overture from Australia Felix.
Hooper’s grandsons, John and Rick, nod at each other. John then looks at his son, Sam, on bass, and smiles. Three generations of Brewsters making music. Full circle. A dream come true. The power of music.
Forty-five years after they formed – “45 years better,” one fan remarks – the power of The Angels is undiminished. The Brewster Brothers’ incomparable guitar interplay, the rumbling rhythm section of Sam Brewster and Nick Norton, and the manic energy of frontman Dave Gleeson, a potent mix of menace and mirth. Then there’s the conductor, Rob John, who speaks both languages – classical and rock.
There are moving tributes to bandmates who are no longer with us. Love takes care of its own. I just want to be with you.Classic rock, classical music. Seemingly, a clash of cultures. In the end, this is a communal experience. Many members of the crowd have brought their children.
Some are seeing The Angels for the very first time.
There’s an orchestra on stage. The band members smile as every member of the crowd joins them: “No way, get f#cked, f#ck off!” The chant. A rallying cry. An Aussie mating call.
This is family - A Symphony of Angels.