- 1/12/23Friday 08:00 pmAn Eastern Odyssey - a tale of love, tragedy, and hope
- 5/12/23Tuesday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 5/12/23Tuesday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 6/12/23Wednesday 06:30 pmThe TEN Tenors Family Christmas
- 8/12/23Friday 07:30 pmClassic Rock Live
- 9/12/23Saturday 08:00 pmIt's A Long Way There, Glenn Shorrock's 60th Anniversary
- 10/12/23Sunday 08:30 pmMorrisseyNo Availability
- 11/12/23Monday 08:30 pmMorrisseyNo Availability
- 12/12/23Tuesday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 12/12/23Tuesday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 14/12/23Thursday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 14/12/23Thursday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 15/12/23Friday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 15/12/23Friday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 18/12/23Monday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 18/12/23Monday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 19/12/23Tuesday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 19/12/23Tuesday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 20/12/23Wednesday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 20/12/23Wednesday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
49 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, AustraliaGet Directions(Opens in new tab)
Situated in the centre of Sydney, opposite Myer, in Market Street near the Pitt Street Mall. The nearest cross street is George Street.
The closest Secure Parking Car Park is the Hilton Sydney Car Park, 259 Pitt Street Sydney For further information including directions, maps and rates please go to https://www.secureparking.com.au/en-au. 24 hour car parking also available at Wilson Parking, corner Sussex, Kent and Market Streets, Sydney. For further information including directions, maps and rates please go to http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/wilson-car-parks/nsw/citipark. This information is correct at time of listing and the State Theatre and Ticketmaster take no responsibility for any changes or decisions made by parking operators.
TRAINS The closest station is Town Hall or St. James. BUSES Buses stop frequently along Market, Elizabeth & Castlereagh Streets. QVB Buses are also frequent. LIGHT RAIL Closest light rail stop is QVB
Box Office Hours
Monday & Thursday 10:30am to 1:30pm On performance days the box office will open from 2 hours prior to start time of the main act until 15 minutes after start time.
Box Office Payment
Patrons may purchase tickets with cash or credit card (MCD, VIS, DIN, AMX). Cheques are not accepted. All bars accept cash and card for payment.
Wheelchair and disabled seating through or accessible booking line. Accessible tickets, including wheelchair access & companion card requirements(Opens in new tab). Call 1300 446 925 Please note that all other bookings must be made directly through Ticketmaster; www.ticketmaster.com.au, or at any Ticketmaster outlet in person only. Please note that there are a minimum of 20 stairs to the Dress Circle and Stalls. Patrons needing easy access seats should book for the mezzanine. Row H has no stairs. There are 2 stairs per row from the back row (eg row G has 2 stairs, row F has 4 stairs etc). Due to heritage restrictions the State Theatre currently has no disabled toilet within the theatre. The QT hotel, located next door, has a disabled toilet which is available for patron use. Please speak to a State Theatre usher for assistance. Access to the State Theatre is on Market Street with the accessible seating being located on the Mezzanine level. There is an audio loop located in the centre sections of the Mezzanine, in Row G. Some of these seats can be purchased online. If you need assistance buying tickets in this area, please contact Ticketmaster: 1300 446 925
Due to heritage restrictions, no standing or dancing is permitted in the Mezzanine or the Dress Circle.
All persons entering the auditorium must hold a valid ticket. Exceptions may be relevant for a designated children's performance. Children under the age of 16 are welcome to attend performances and events at the State Theatre as long as they are with a responsible adult if the event is open to all ages. For most events, all children who have reached their second birthday require a ticket to gain admittance to the State Theatre. For most not all events, any child who has yet to reach their second birthday does not require a ticket, however, they may not occupy their own seat and must sit on a parent or guardian lap. Please note, that for certain children events, all children who have reached their first birthday require a ticket and some events at the State Theatre are not suitable for children. Please check the event page on our website for more information Any events that are rated 18 and over will automatically exclude anyone under the age of 18
A free cloakroom service is located on the ground floor. This service is available from approximately one hour prior to and ten minutes post-performance. Late comers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. The State Theatre does not have ATM, although several ATM machines are located in very close proximity. All bars accept cash and card for payment.