148 Upcoming Events
- 30/06/2021Until 10/07/2022Cruel Intentions - The '90s Musical - WaitlistOn partner site
- 26/01/2022Wednesday 07:30 pmThe Wedding Singer Musical
- 27/01/2022Thursday 08:00 pmThe Wedding Singer Musical - Preview
- 28/01/2022Friday 07:30 pmThe Wedding Singer Musical - Opening Night
- 29/01/2022Saturday 02:00 pmThe Wedding Singer Musical
- 29/01/2022Saturday 07:30 pmThe Wedding Singer Musical
- 30/01/2022Sunday 01:00 pmThe Wedding Singer Musical
- 31/01/2022Monday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 31/01/2022Monday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 01/02/2022Tuesday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 01/02/2022Tuesday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 02/02/2022Wednesday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 02/02/2022Wednesday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 03/02/2022Thursday 08:00 pmJohn Williamson - My Australian Stories
- 04/02/2022Friday 08:00 pmThe Paper Kites
- 07/02/2022Monday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 07/02/2022Monday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided Tours
- 10/02/2022Thursday 10:00 amPalace of Dreams Guided ToursNo Availability
- 10/02/2022Thursday 01:00 pmPalace of Dreams Guided ToursNo Availability
- 11/02/2022Friday 08:00 pmNothing Else Matters - A Symphonic Tribute to Metallica
Loaded 20 out of 148 events
Situated in the centre of Sydney, opposite Myer, in Market Street near the Pitt Street Mall. The nearest cross street is George Street.
The closest Secure Parking Car Park is the Hilton Sydney Car Park, 259 Pitt Street Sydney For further information including directions, maps and rates please go to https://www.secureparking.com.au/en-au. 24 hour car parking also available at Wilson Parking, corner Sussex, Kent and Market Streets, Sydney. For further information including directions, maps and rates please go to http://www.wilsonparking.com.au/go/wilson-car-parks/nsw/citipark. This information is correct at time of listing and the State Theatre and Ticketmaster take no responsibility for any changes or decisions made by parking operators.
TRAINS The closest station is Town Hall or St. James. BUSES Buses stop frequently along Market, Elizabeth & Castlereagh Streets. QVB Buses are also frequent. LIGHT RAIL Closest light rail stop is QVB
Box Office Hours
Monday to Friday : 9:00am - 5:00pm Saturday : No trading except when a production is in residence. Sundays/Public Holidays : Closed On performance days the box office will remain open until 15 minutes after the start of the main act.
Box Office Payment
Patrons may purchase tickets with cash or credit card (MCD, VIS, DIN, AMX). Cheques are not accepted. All bars accept cash and card for payment.
Wheelchair and disabled seating through or accessible booking line. Accessible tickets, including wheelchair access & companion card requirements(Opens in new tab). Call 1300 446 925 Please note that all other bookings must be made directly through Ticketmaster; www.ticketmaster.com.au, or at any Ticketmaster outlet in person only. Due to heritage restrictions the State Theatre currently has no disabled toilet within the theatre. The QT hotel, located next door, has a disabled toilet which is available for patron use. Please speak to a State Theatre usher for assistance. Access to the State Theatre is on Market Street with the accessible seating being located on the Mezzanine level. There is an audio loop located in the centre sections of the Mezzanine, in Row G. Some of these seats can be purchased online. If you need assistance buying tickets in this area, please contact Ticketmaster: 1300 446 925
Due to heritage restrictions, no standing or dancing is permitted in the Mezzanine or the Dress Circle.
All persons entering the auditorium must hold a valid ticket. Exceptions may be relevant for a designated children's performance.
A free cloakroom service is located on the ground floor. This service is available from approximately one hour prior to and ten minutes post-performance. Late comers will not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance. The State Theatre does not have ATM, although several ATM machines are located in very close proximity. All bars accept cash and card for payment.