7 Upcoming Events
- Mar 09Mar09Find ticketsMon 8:00 pmPalais Theatre - St Kilda, VICPixiesLimited Availability
- Mar 10Mar10Find ticketsTue 8:00 pmPalais Theatre - St Kilda, VICPixiesLow Availability
- Mar 12Mar12Find ticketsThu 7:30 pmThe Fortitude Music Hall - Brisbane, QLDPixies
- Mar 13Mar13Find ticketsFri 7:30 pmThe Fortitude Music Hall - Brisbane, QLDPixiesLow Availability
- Mar 14Mar14Find ticketsSat 6:00 pmSydney Opera House - Forecourt - Sydney, NSWPixiesLimited Availability
- Mar 15Mar15Find ticketsSun 6:00 pmSydney Opera House - Forecourt - Sydney, NSWPixies
- Mar 17Mar17Find ticketsTue 6:00 pmFremantle Arts Centre - Fremantle, WAPixies
PIXIES, one of the most influential alternative rock bands of all time, are bringing their mammoth world tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2020 – Come On Pilgrim… It’s Surfer Rosa.
Pixies’ debut releases - the electrifying 1987 EP Come On Pilgrim and 1988’s debut full-length album, Surfer Rosa - brought rise to a new genre and defined contemporary music for a generation.
The tour will bear witness to both seminal albums being performed in full – plus new and old tracks spanning their extensive catalogue. Surfer Rosa is a record made up of rage, religion, gore, incest and superheroes named Tony - a debut album so good that it's since been seen as a masterpiece. Produced by Steve Albini, it includes early Pixies classics such as "Bone Machine," "Gigantic," "Vamos" and "Where Is My Mind?"
Come On Pilgrim contained eight songs from the band's first-ever studio session, produced by Gary Smith and recorded at his Fort Apache Studio near Boston.
Forming in Boston, Massachusetts in 1986, Pixies are often acclaimed as the most influential, pioneering alternative band of the late 80s, garnering extraordinary critical and popular acclaim.
After five genre-defining studio albums, Pixies disbanded in 1993. The tide turned in 2004 - the band reunited and began touring, playing to sell-out crowds around the world including their first-ever Australian performances in 2007, later to be followed by a 13-show sold-out Doolittle tour in 2010 and again in 2017.
Pixies will release their new and eighth studio album, Beneath The Eyrie, on September 13 (through Infectious/BMG). Featuring 12 tracks including lead single “On Graveyard Hill,” the evolution of the album’s creative process is uniquely documented in a 12-episode podcast entitled It’s a Pixies Podcast.