Rock and Pop
Chocolate Starfish Tickets
12 Upcoming Events
- 01/10/2022Saturday 12:30 pmColdstream, VICRochford WinesRed Hot Summer Tour
- 05/11/2022Saturday 12:30 pmVictor Harbor, SAKent ReserveOne Electric Day
- 06/11/2022Sunday 12:30 pmHillarys, WAWhitfords Nodes ParkBy the C - Suzi Quatro
- 19/11/2022Saturday 12:30 pmMornington, VICMornington RacecourseOne Electric Day
- 20/11/2022Sunday 10:30 amK Road, VICWerribee ParkOne Electric Day
- 26/11/2022Saturday 12:30 pmSandstone Point, QLDSandstone Point HotelOne Electric Day
- 27/11/2022Sunday 12:30 pmSouthport, QLDBroadwater ParklandsOne Electric Day
- 25/02/2023Saturday 08:00 pmThirroul, NSWAnita's TheatreCHOCOLATE STARFISH BAT OUT OF HELL 2023
- 13/05/2023Saturday 08:00 pmSydney, NSWState TheatreChocolate Starfish Present Bat Out of Hell
- 02/06/2023Friday 07:30 pmSouthbank , VICThe Palms at Crown MelbourneChocolate Starfish - Bat Out of Hell
- 03/06/2023Saturday 07:30 pmSouthbank , VICThe Palms at Crown MelbourneChocolate Starfish - Bat Out of Hell
- 17/06/2023Saturday 08:00 pmProspect Vale, TASCountry Club TasmaniaChocolate Starfish Bat Out of Hell
‘Bat Out of Hell’ – the album and show that kicked off Chocolate Starfish’s acclaimed Classic Album Series – is back by overwhelming demand as the world celebrates the iconic album and the legend that is Meat Loaf.
It’s more-than-fitting augmentation to the band’s “Best of the Best” show that was poised to ignite stages in 2022.
The exhilarating show features the full Bat Out Of Hell album, plus the singles from the ‘INXS:KICK’ album and the entire Live Aid set from lead singer Adam Thompson’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody Concert’, then capped off with Chocolate Starfish hits.
Australia’s most entertaining rock band continues to live up to its reputation with this spectacular selection of songs honoured in true Starfish style.
Just as they put their own slant on Carly Simon’s ‘You’re So Vain’, The Fish approach each song with their trademark intensity and revelry that elevates the experience well beyond a tribute. With a nod to the original and a glint in their eyes, they imbue the songs with their signature flair and theatrics; even their own songs receive another light.
Chocolate Starfish has enthralled audiences with the Classic Album Series since its inception in 2015 with ‘Bat Out of Hell’ and the band are ‘all revved up’ to return to the Series’ roots.
Lead singer Adam Thompson says that in revisiting the full album show, he hopes to share the impact the Bat Out of Hell album had on him with audiences. “The first time I heard ‘Bat Out of Hell’, I was 13 and had little musical influence outside a conservative regional radio station,” he recalls. “‘Bat Out of Hell’ songs and Meat Loaf’s voice transported me out of that country isolation and into a fantasy world of sonic ear candy I didn’t know existed. Soaring hook-laden melodies, and adjective-filled lyrics around life, death, girls, cars and motorbikes, was everything a trapped teenaged boy could imagine outside his small world. On top of that, each song was an epic of dynamic proportions, and it shaped the theatrical and dynamic way I looked at song writing and performance ever since.”
Chocolate Starfish powered on to the Australian music scene in the early 1990s and quickly established themselves as an influential force with their cover of Carly Simon’s ‘You’re So Vain’, original hit ‘Mountain’ and perennial favourite ‘Four Letter Word’. They wholeheartedly earned their reputation as one of Australia’s best live bands of the 90s, boasting two Top 10 albums and six Top 50 singles, and received an Australian Music Award for ‘Most Popular Album’ at the 1994 Australian Music Awards.
Twenty-nine years later, the band is living up to this reputation and then some as they continue to delight long-time fans and win over new ones. With a new album in tow and plenty of fuel in the tank, the ‘Fish show no signs of slowing down.
“Best of the Best +” promises audiences what they know and love about a Chocolate Starfish show – pure, unadulterated entertainment…and, as always, a few surprises.